Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Scrimmage Scrimmage Scrimmage

A recipe for today's Pain Train practice. Winds picked up at Sachem for the first time since we got back out there, so we focused on running zone. In the first scrimmage, it was a lot of D line pulling, throwing a zone look, O line working it fairly well but not all the way and then D line trying for a quick score before O's zone got set. I guess that is somewhat close to the things we can expect to see against other teams - our D might face some zones, but I'd guess not a ton, and I don't know for sure how often our O line is planning on running a zone (since I've predicted zero turnovers for them from here to Worlds, I'd guess never.)
Then a break, some more scrimmaging focused on getting off the sidelines, then another scrimmage that the O line romped in. At the end, huddles and optional half hour of plyos as the thunder rolled in.

Sectionals this weekend, good focus on that at the moment. I heard we might be staying at hotels, which will be different from previous years, but I'm looking forward to insisting that ESPN be on at all times, as that one book about ultimate clearly states is my right.

lamar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home